We cannot resist sweets and an example of this is this recipe by María Alcázar: sweet potato, gofio and palm honey biscuits.
Sweet potato, gofio and palm honey biscuits
We definitely cannot resist sweets and an example of this is this new recipe from the nutritionist María Alcázar who presented to the Diario de Avisos: sweet potato, gofio and palm honey biscuits. Do you dare to try them?
130 grams of baked white sweet potato.
50 grams of corn gofio
30 grams of palm honey or Canary Island palm sap
50 grams of melted butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
A pinch of sea salt
3 squares of dark chocolate 85%
A handful of chopped almonds
- Pour the roast dressing gown into a bowl.
- Crush the roasted sweet potato using a fork.
- Add the melted butter, palm honey, sea salt and ground cinnamon in a bowl.
- Mix well using a spatula or a palette knife until a homogenous mass is obtained.
- Add the gofio to the bowl along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix again with the spatula or palette knife. The dough should be moist, soft and easy to handle with your hands. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Shape the biscuits: Make small balls of dough with your hands. You can use a spoon to make all the biscuits come out approximately the same size. With these quantities indicated in the recipe, 9 small biscuits will come out.
- Slightly crush each biscuit on the baking tray, which should be lined with greaseproof paper.
- Press the tops of the biscuits with a fork, leaving the marks as shown in the video and photos.
- Bake the biscuits at 180°C for 25 minutes or until the biscuits are golden and crispy. Remove the tray from the oven. Leave the biscuits to cool on a wire rack.
- Dip the biscuits in chocolate: Melt three squares of 85% dark chocolate in the microwave or in a bain-marie.
- Cover one end of each biscuit with the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds on the chocolate-coated part of the biscuit.
- Leave the biscuits to cool so that the chocolate solidifies.