New recipe! Lemon gofio cake, inspired by the blog “Post de postres”
Lemon gofio cake
Today it’s time for another sweet, ideal for breakfast or afternoon snack: gofio al limón cake, inspired by the blog “Post de postres”.
1 lemon yogurt (better if it’s from a glass jar)
1 measure of the glass of olive oil yogurt
2 measures of the sugar yogurt cup (or 140-150 gr. of sugar approximately)
130 gr. of gofio
1/2 sachet of baking powder
Cinnamon powder (optional)
- Beat the first 3 ingredients with the mixer: eggs, yogurt and oil, add the sugar, the grated lemon rind, the cinnamon if you add it and keep beating.
- In a bowl, pour the gofio with the yeast and mix it to pass it through a sieve or large sieve that allows you to sprinkle it and mix it over your well beaten ingredients.
- The idea is to add everything and with the help of a spatula and with encircling movements achieve a thick dough. The final aspect is a brown toasted color characteristic of the gofio.
- Baking at 175 degrees is enough for half an hour. Try to make sure that the skewer comes out dry when you prick the centre of the cake when it is almost baked; it is better to take it out when it is ready so that it does not get dry.
- It is a cake with a very pleasant flavour, which can last perfectly for several days wrapped in aluminium foil.