Today we suggest that you try this recipe for gofio and fish croquettes, a very healthy and delicious combination.
Fish and gofio croquettes
As we know that most people like croquettes, today we propose you to try this recipe of gofio and fish croquettes, a very healthy and delicious combination.
75 grams of flour
25 grams of gofio de millo
500 ml whole milk
50 g butter
1 spring onion
150 g hake
1 pinch of nutmeg
1 handful of chopped parsley
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of ground black pepper
- The first thing we must do is cook the fish. I have done it with a microwave steamer, but we can perfectly do it in a pot with plenty of water and salt. We reserve it.
- Then we proceed to make the béchamel sauce. We chop the spring onion. Melt the butter and fry the spring onion in it. When the spring onion is transparent, add the flour and the gofio and work it well with the help of a spatula until everything is well toasted for a couple of minutes.
- At that moment, we add all the milk and start stirring. So that we don’t have any lumps and the béchamel is very soft, we pass the mixture through a mixer and we put it back in the frying pan, and again to the fire.
- Leave the mixture on the fire and stir it constantly. When the mixture separates from the walls, which can take 15-20 minutes, our dough will be ready. Add the crumbled fish, a pinch of nutmeg, chopped parsley and salt and pepper. Stir well until everything is well incorporated.
- Put the mixture in a dish to cool. Cover with film (touching the surface of the dough so that it does not crust) and put it in the fridge for a few hours (better from one day to the next).
- Take the dough out of the fridge and use an ice-cream scoop to scoop out the same amount of dough. To prevent them from sticking to our hands, add a little oil. We give the shape of the croquette and go through breadcrumbs, egg and crumbs.
- We fry in plenty of hot oil. We put them on a paper towel after frying them. We serve.