You will not be able to resist trying this delicious Argentinean dessert, very easy and fast: alfajores with gofio.
Alfajores with gofio
You won’t be able to resist trying this delicious Argentinean dessert, very easy and quick to make and ideal for breakfast, snacks or as a snack between meals.
150 g of pastry flour.
300 gr of corn gofio.
1 sachet of chemical yeast powder (16 g)
220 g butter, in pieces (at room temperature)
200 grams of sugar.
2 eggs (120 gr)
400 g of Dulce de Leche
100 g of grated coconut
- Put in the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, butter, sugar and eggs. Mix e and move it from right to left.
- Remove the dough, knead it lightly on the work surface and form a ball. Store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Take half of the dough and roll out onto a floured surface, creating a sheet about 5 mm thick. Cut out circles with a Ø 4 cm round cookie cutter and place on the prepared tray. Bake in batches for 10 minutes (180°C) or until they start to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Spread half of the pastries with dulce de leche. Cover each one with another one as a sandwich by pressing lightly. Spread dulce de leche around the perimeter and roll them in the grated coconut. Serve or set aside in a cookie jar.